Sunday 4 March 2012

My Top Websites

Last week Jonathan Kochis, partner at Resolution IM, tweeted this.
It's very true, although it's not just the future of the web. If I think of all of the websites that I use on a daily basis, all of them organize the web in very clear ways.


Fark has been the most consistent site for me for years. It is organized great, and has ton's of article's flowing in constantly. I was a little dumb founded when they merged their music section with "Entertainment", I've always felt that this site is a great source for interesting articles. They also have without a doubt, the best headlines that I've ever seen.


Without a doubt the best video site on the web. I love everything about this site. From a design perspective it is simple and east to use. From a content perspective, they always have the best quality videos on the web. New movie trailers, viral videos, fail videos, and a ton of videos that are just really interesting. If you check this site regularly, you will not be disapointed.

This is the best place to find out about the latest advancements in Social Media, Technology, Business, Entertainment, US & World News, and Videos. However, without a doubt, it's focus is on social media and technology. There is a constant flow of new articles which makes Mashable's twitter a great follow as well.


Yes, I'm admitting it, I still like Yahoo. Everyone seems to have a hate on for this site, and yes, their site does look pretty terrible for someone that used to actually be a huge force online, however, they also have links to some great articles. While I never use Yahoo for search anymore, I do check in every once and a while and see if there are any interesting articles there.
While sometimes the articles are maybe not the most riveting thing in the world, it is local news. It is really interesting sometimes to see the comments after the articles. Sometimes you see people actually adding more details to the articles than the article itself. Although, sometimes the comments are a little ridiculous, and look more like trolling than citizen engagement, but that can be entertaining too.

No comments:

Post a Comment