Monday 11 June 2012

Summer Reading

Summer always seems to be the perfect time for reading. Whether it's putting your feet up at the cottage, or just relaxing on your back deck on a nice day, here's my list of some books to make your summer a bit more interesting. 



I was actually on a mini quest to find out who I had lent this book to, when my old prof lent it to me without me asking for it. It's what I imagine having a conversation with Kurt Vonnegut would be like.




My wife got this book, and she has been banned from reading it in any public place because she can't help laughing out loud while reading this book. I would recommend this book if for nothing but the cartoons and the graphs. 



Hunter S. Thompson's lifestyle often times over shadows his writing. This book really makes you question what you think you know about what a human being is capable of. 




My generation will never know war like those who lived through the first and second world wars. I found reading this book really gives you an in depth perspective on the first world war, which I never saw before. It's war through the eyes of a medic, but the battles take a back seat to his romance with a nurse.




You know how people always say the book is better than the movie? Well, this is the epitome of that. Don't get me wrong, the movie was not the worst movie in the world. That is a distinction I hold for Gentleman Broncos. I just think it's impossible to capture all of the subtle things that make this series amazing.



What I'm Listening to This Week:

1 comment:

  1. great list... love kurt vonnegut. and hunter s. thompson... these may make my end of summer reading list.

    ReplyDelete